- They were doubtlessly the animating principle of many hours that superficially seemed vacant .
- The shoemaker stopped his work; looked with a vacant air of listening at the floor on one side of him .
- It was most important that the prime minister should know that night that the diocese was vacant .
- The vacant place is taken by one of the outer electrons which thus leaps from an outer to an inner "shell" .
- The mammals, as conditions became more genial again, developed and spread to fill the vacant world .
- Thoughts of war have left their places vacant in my mind, and in their room come thronging soft and delicate thoughts .
- The vast amount of vacant lands, the value of which daily augments, forms an additional resource of great extent and duration .
- The fierceness of his countenance now seemed to slumber, and in its place was to be seen the quiet, vacant composure .
- He heard footsteps and dropped the newspaper back in the corner and stood just as he had before, his back against the wall, his eyes vacant and sleepy .
- I will take your vacant stares as a yes