- He is married to palaeobotanist and palynologist Eva Koppelhus, and has three sons from a previous marriage.
- J . Beaulieau has stated that Frei was a self-taught amateur palynologist, was not properly trained, and that his sample was too small.
- The genus name " Tsukada " was coined as a patronym recognizing the Quaternary paleoecology and biogeography work of University of Washington palynologist Matsuo Tsukada.
- The most important researchers who since 1969 contributed on the knowledge about Tequendama were Dutch geologist and palynologist Thomas van der Hammen and archaeologist and anthropologist Gonzalo Correal Urrego.
- She gained a first class BSc in Geology in 1983 after which she worked as a Production Geologist for Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria in Lagos, and Palynologist with Shell at their Geological Laboratory in Warri Delta State, before returning to graduate school for her MSc in Applied Geology in 1987, from the University of Ife Nigeria ( now Obafemi Awolowo University ).
- The increased space was, however, soon under strain again, not only because field-work under the Kitchings was continuing as productively as ever, but also because new fields of research had been added to the institute's repertoire : in 1965 the renowned palaeobotanist Dr Edna P . Plumstead and a palynologist, Dr George Hart, joined the institute from the university's Geology Department.
- It's difficult to see palynologist in a sentence. 用palynologist造句挺難的